Year: 2014 | Month: December | Volume 1 | Number 1

Purpose-wise utilization pattern of agricultural credit in Rajasthan

Basant Kumar Sharma and R.C. Kumawat
DOI:Coming Soon

Abstract:

The present study was conducted for examine the purpose-wise utilization pattern of agricultural credit in Jaipur district of Rajasthan. The study results revealed that the overall borrowed amount of credit was Rs.1,06,259. Out of which, 75.97 per cent (Rs. 80,730 was) utilized for stipulated purposes and the remaining 24.03 per cent (Rs. 25,529) was diverted to other purposes. It may be noted that the highest (94.79 per cent) amount of credit advanced was utilized for purchase of sprinkler system and the lowest (57.58 per cent) for crop production. The diversion of credit was found to be the highest for crop loans (42.42 per cent) and the lowest (5.21 per cent) for purchase of sprinkler system. Out of the total diverted amount of credit, 27.43 per cent (Rs. 7,003) was used for other productive purposes and 72.57 per cent (Rs. 18,526) was used for non-productive purposes. The study also revealed that 70.59 per cent of the farmer borrowers had completely utilized the credit for the stipulated purposes, 23.98 per cent had partially utilized and the remaining 5.43 per cent of the farmer borrowers had completely diverted the loan for other purposes.



Print This Article Email This Article to Your Friend

© Agro-Economist. 20608687 - Visitors since June 1, 2015